Matomo manual update issue, stuck in database upgrade

Hi Team,

we tried to update Matomo(Piwik) through manual three steps update after facing so many issue and followed many articles to resolve it but now stuck in database update issue.

" Your Matomo codebase is running the old version 3.13.5 and we have detected that your Matomo Database has already been upgraded to the newer version 3.13.6. Maybe your Matomo administrators are currently finishing the upgrade process. Please try again in a few minutes. If you still have this issue please contact your Matomo administrator for assistance."

can anyone from team help me on this? also attached snapshot for same with reference links

References already tried:

Hi,

Can you make sure that the files are the ones from 3.13.6. E.g. by replacing all files with the latest version from builds.matomo.org

https://matomo.org/docs/update/#the-manual-three-step-update

This happened to me, run ./var/www/matomo/console --version command to make sure about what matomo version you have. i had to delete manually all matomo folder and reinstall latest version

If you want to check the version of the files: matomo/core/Version.php has a line like const VERSION = '3.14.0-b1';.

Hi everyone,

thanks for your help deleting core folder and re-upload fixed above issue but now facing database update issue as below.

As per database initially created tables (matomo_log_visit, matomo_log_conversion) having only one “Location_region” column with type char(2), when we are trying to update both tables getting below error as there is only one location region column exist but in alter command showing two columns.

Please check below issue and let us know if any more details required.

ALTER TABLE matomo_log_visit
MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(2) DEFAULT NULL,
MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(3) DEFAULT NULL;

ALTER TABLE matomo_log_conversion
MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(2) DEFAULT NULL,
MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(3) DEFAULT NULL;

once clicking on upgrade Matomo showing below error.

Error during plugin updates:
********D:\home\site\wwwroot\SeaNetSeek\core\Columns\Updater.php: Error trying to execute the migration ‘ALTER TABLE matomo_log_visit MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(2) DEFAULT NULL, MODIFY COLUMN location_region char(3) DEFAULT NULL;’. The error was: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘location_region’ in 'matomo_log_visit’

@Lukas @D_Norena-Vega any luck to check above issue i am stuck here. awaiting for your reply.

Hi Team, anybody available to assist me.

@Lukas & @D_Norena-Vega awaiting for your reply, please help me on this issue.

@PeterM can you help me in above issue?

Hi,

Did you already de-activate the plugin, removed the plugin from the server, downloaded the last correctly working version, installed it on the server, emptied the temp files on the server and activated the plugin again?

Regards,
Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter,

we have already tried removing plugin, uploading latest version and empty temp folder but can you please help me to understand? how can we de-active and re-activate plugins as we are having plugins folder under it having 76 sub folder and there no such functionality found to active and de-active plugins.

Please let me know if you need more details.

You can de-activate plugin on your server in the config.ini.php file.
There you will find information about the activated plugins under:

[Plugins]
Plugins[] = “CorePluginsAdmin”

And which plugins are installed under:
[PluginsInstalled]
PluginsInstalled[] = “Diagnostics”

By disabling the plugin under [Plugins] the plugin is not activated anymore.
Diabling can be done by puting a “#” in front of the line.

1 Like