Matomo 3.9.0: No entry or class found for 'EnableDbVersionCheck'

(Frank) #1

After updating Matomo from 3.7.0 to 3.9.0 I’m getting an error I cannot get past:

No entry or class found for ‘EnableDbVersionCheck’

The only reference to EnableDbVersionCheck is in core/FrontController.php:

if (!StaticContainer::get('EnableDbVersionCheck')) {
            return;
        }

According to console core:update the database is up-to-date:

Everything is already up to date.

If I comment this check out, it works just fine and Matomo loads. Any pointers as to what the cause is and how I can resolve this? The search on the forums and Google didn’t uncover any leads unfortunately.

Thanks!

(Fabian Dellwing) #2

In your global.php should be a line for this, see New setting to disable Db version check, and do not show update screen when auto update disabled by tsteur · Pull Request #14058 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub.

(Frank) #3

Thanks!

Very interesting: I didn’t have any mention of EnableDbVersionCheck in my global.php. Adding this and setting this to true (default value) resolved the problem.

Its a bit odd though to have such an error with something that isn’t explicitly in the config file.

(Lukas Winkler) #4

Hi,

Can you check your integrity checker (system check)?

It should complain if your global.php isn’t as it should be.

(Frank) #5

The File integrity section complains about a lot of files (its a massive list with “File to delete” which shouldn’t be deleted since they are a part of Matomo) but at the end it does say:

File size mismatch: /var/www/config/global.php (expected length: 6218, found: 8065)

But nothing that about it missing entries or has entries that do not exist or anything.

(Lukas Winkler) #6

Hi,

I’d really recommend you to replace all files with the ones from the latest zip from Download Matomo Free Web Analytics Tool - #1 Open Source Analytics

See here for more info:
https://matomo.org/docs/update/#the-manual-three-step-update

Error on updating to 3.9.1 from 3.8.1 - "No entry or class found for 'EnableDbVersionCheck'"