I installed Piwik in Log import mode, and I found that the most used Browser is… Netsacpe??
I searched into the logs that I import using the python script, and “Netscape” never occurs.
I noticed something similar on your demo sites: Netscape never occurs in demo.piwik.org, but is largely the most used browser in demo-log-analytics.piwik.org.
May be there’s something wrong in the user agent parser when running in log import mode? Or in the import script itself?
Thank you in advance!
There is probably something wrong. can you isolate a few User agents causing problems where Piwik is obviously wrong, and please create a ticket on dev.piwik.org and I will investigate a fix.
thank you for your answer.
It seemed to me that it’s something related to bots, so I tried to empty the database and re-import logs (via import_logs.py) without the “–enable-bots” option: the result is that visits marked as Netscape are quite less in number.
I could not isolate User agents causing problems, so i put a little “write to log” line in UserAgentParser.php, just after the line:
$info[‘id’] = ‘NS’;
that identifies UA as Netscape.
So i found the following strings:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Ezooms/1.0; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Blekkobot; ScoutJet; +http://blekko.com/about/blekkobot)
Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; Indy Library)
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Genieo/1.0 Genieo: Webmaster Information)
I will continue search for other UA causing problems, meanwhile I’m going to open a ticket as you suggested.
I opened the following ticket: