Magento E-Commerce

Will this work with the Enterprise version?

@jtaylo49: it most likely will. but I canā€™t promise anything since we donā€™t have a license for the enterprise edition.

We are still interested to sponsor a FREE open source version of this addon :slight_smile:

Have you used any code from the fooman plugin? because the code is copyleft therefore the plugin you released if reusing the code should also be copyleft under OSL license, is it the case?

Thanks!

Hey matt,

dont worry, we did not use any other code, but our own :slight_smile:

regards,
mavi

Hi Matt,

I am about to undertake my first Magento project in next couple of weeks. I will attempt to integrate Piwik as a solution if I have time. Should I be successful, I will be more than happy to release it for free. Itā€™s the least I can do for an awesome product you have given the Analytics community. I am also in the final testing of a Concrete5 plugin for Piwik on a project just completed. I am hoping to get the authority to release this as well. Keep up the great work!

Adrian, thank you for that, very appreciated. please get in touch at matt@piwik when the magento extension is finished since weā€™d like to advertise it on the site and to the community!

No pressureā€¦lol. I have never developed for Magento, I will try my best :slight_smile:

You can reuse the code in: 301 Moved Permanently
The beauty of open source! we would love to see your release under GPLā€¦
Also we would be happy to make a donation for this development once released, please contact us or PM!

Just to update this thread with the latest. My Magento FREE integration for Piwik Ecommerce is available now in the Magento Marketplace.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/13253/

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hey guys,
How interesting!
What are the benefits of Piwik?

Hello everyone,
Iā€™ve built many Magento sites for clients just starting out, and I believe Magento should really only be used for large, established sites. Itā€™s a waste of time and money to get a Magento site off the ground. I would always suggest starting with Shopify or WooCommerce, as it is cheap and easier to manage yourself compared to Magento (which arguably canā€™t be managed without a developer).

If you have the money to support a Magento site i.e. you have a full-time developer or consultant ready at all times, and theyā€™re able to install english news capread security patches as soon as they hit, fix the inevitable errors that will occur, and you have a large inventory, then it may be a good choice. Otherwise, just choose the simple route and go with Shopify until you know for a fact that you need something like Magento. (And even then, I would recommend hiring a developer to build your store on something like Rails+Spree over using Magentoā€”but then again, I loathe Magento.)