LoginLDAP Plugin Failed on upgrade to 1.11.1

Does anyone know what this problem is?

It happened when I updated to 1.11.1 from 1.9.1. It is shown when you are in the setting/LDAP Users page.
It also happens when I do a fresh install , I tried this on a new server, after a fresh install.

I have enclosed a screen shot.

error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.11.1) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Undefined index: topMenu in /www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/tmp/templates_c/%%25^25A^25A8A371%%top_bar_top_menu.tpl.php on line 6

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/tmp/templates_c/%%25^25A^25A8A371%%top_bar_top_menu.tpl.php:6]
#1 include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1869]
#2 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/tmp/templates_c/%%A5^A51^A51D6D8B%%top_bar.tpl.php:8]
#3 include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1869]
#4 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/tmp/templates_c/%%38^383^383EA889%%header.tpl.php:49]
#5 include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1869]
#6 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/tmp/templates_c/%%1F^1FD^1FDAE17A%%LoginLdap.tpl.php:8]
#7 include(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1263]
#8 Smarty->fetch(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/core/View.php:127]
#9 Piwik_View->render(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:95]
#10 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->admin(…) called at [:]
#11 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/core/FrontController.php:136]
#12 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/www/www-live/other-sites/piwik.sanger.ac.uk/index.php:52]

Please have a look at: Plugin for LDAP Authentication · Issue #734 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub - someone provided a fix.

The fix is for something else.

The problem is the error shown in the div is in the way, and I can’t get access to what is behind, in this case, adding a user from LDAP.

If I go to the tpl in piwik/plugins/CoreHome/templates/top_bar_top_menu.tpl

and take out the contents of the div

then all is okay.

However this is a workaround, not a fix.

Regards Mark

I do have the exact same problem since upgrade to 1.11.1 (from 1.9.2)

Sincerly,
Klaus

Hi,
we had the same problem with the ldaplogin module, the solution was to add the line $this->setGeneralVariablesView($view);
into the Controller.php file:

function admin($ajaxSuccess = null, $ajaxError = null)
    {
            $view = Piwik_View::factory('LoginLdap');
            $this->setGeneralVariablesView($view);

Great! That works!

Thanks, that did fix the problem, but the LoginLDAP plugin still doesn’t work.

I can connect to the LDAP server, and get new users, but when I try to login with an LDAP user, I get another issue.

When I deactivate the Login plugin, (as it says) then you can’t get to the login screen, instead it comes up with an error on the screen.

unable to read resource: “default/ie6.tpl”

Find the line where default/ie6 is included and just remove it. We removed this file.

Thanks for that.

I removed the line - {include file=“default/ie6.tpl”}
in plugins/LoginLdap/templates/header.tpl.

It all works nicely now.

Thanks could you upload the fixed plugin on the Ticket on Plugin for LDAP Authentication · Issue #734 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub ? this would help others. thx!