Live Visitors Widget

New use to Piwik (which is very very good and I can’t believe I hadn’t discovered it before!) and I’m trying to suss out how ti does a few bits and bobs.

Big selling point for me is being able to track visitors live but the widget seems to show all visits from the day not “live” ones. Is that the intended behaviour or do I need to do some tweaking somewhere?

Thanks,

Adam

did you have added the widget to the dashboard ?

best regards
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yep I have the widget on the dashboard but the same is shown on the main live page.

I think my point is that the stats aren’t just live. They are live and then previous visits too. I can get the previous visits from elsewhere.

I’m going to dive into the code at the weekend and see if I can tweak the live widget to just show live visitors and also the pages they are on rather than the icons.

Adam

There is a timezone-related bug that may cause live visitors to not be shown (depending on your timezone)

This is fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release. Here’s the patch: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/3024

[quote=vipsoft @ Sep 2 2010, 09:05 AM]There is a timezone-related bug that may cause live visitors to not be shown (depending on your timezone)

This is fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release. Here’s the patch: dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/3024[/quote]

Will give it a shot and see if it helps style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Nope still shows all visits from today/yesterday/day before - I just want to see a list of people actually on the site.

I’ve seen the Live Whois plugin so I’m going to see if that works before I dive in and start playing!

ALso noticed that it doesn’t always display in in order so I have visits from 5th showing above visits from today.

I was about to ask this, Live Visitors plug-in does not work properly. It is blank most of the time, or shows few visitors.

[quote=vipsoft @ Sep 2 2010, 09:05 AM]There is a timezone-related bug that may cause live visitors to not be shown (depending on your timezone)

This is fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release. Here’s the patch: dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/3024[/quote]

I’m definitely having trouble here. I’m traveling from time to time around Asian Countries… Tell me, how does this bug affect the widget then? Does this fix the problem in my area too? Sorry to be such a noob.

Thanks in advance!

hi check out this thread which has lots of info on this issue

however, in summary, don’t worry your piwik is recording the visits but is just not showing them in correct day/week/month/year and not showing them in certain times of day bc of your timezone settings.

the UTC time zone in piwik settings is interacting with some modules in piwik so that the reporting of your stats is being shifted into past/future (depending on the UTC time zone you select for website and your web server’s timezone) so they don’t show in correct day (as they were recorded by piwik).

but its going to be ok as the piwik guys are working on it and hope to have a fix for piwik 1.1

Hello,

We tried to fix this issue in Piwik. We released a 1.1 beta 3 (which will become 1.1 if nothing comes up), and we would really appreciate if you could install it and report if the bug above is still there with this new version.

If you still experience an issue with 1.1b3 version, please create a new forum topic explaining your setup (websites, timezones), what you see and what you expected to see.

To install 1.1b3, it is the same process as a normal upgrade:

Thank you for your help!