Live Visitors Pages with temporary internet files link

(below) #1

Hi there,

i have a question to the pages displayed in the live visitors widget.
since tonight i have several visitors with direct access to some of my wordpress articles. what i don’t understand is the URL behind the page they visited.

Here is one example:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/##username-deleted##/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/OLK27/##visited-page##.htm

How is it possible that the displayed url is out of the temporary internet files of the visitor? This happend six times today, with different users.

thanks, below

(vipsoft) #2

An example would be where people are saving a copy of your web page to their desktop.

We’re discussing how to handle this in this thread: http://forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=1305

(below) #3

i think its really strange that more than one visitor at one day enters the page out of the temporary internet files directory. and the first time i saw this was last night.

(vipsoft) #4

Perhaps your visitor has a dynamic IP?

In any case, you might want to consider using the forced redirect code that I posted so that users are always viewing the live site.

(below) #5

This was my first guess but the username in the directory path is different every time.