License question

We deliver an administration and maintenance service for Matomo to our client, on a Matomo instance installed by us on a server owned by our client.

We are analysing to install these two plugins in our client:

They are premium plugins, so they are covered by the license “Innocraft EULA” >> https://plugins.matomo.org/CustomReports/3.1.19/license

My question concerns about this two points in the license terms:

1. "(iii) Unless otherwise specified in your Order, for each Software license that you purchase, you may install one production instance of the Software in a Matomo Analytics instance owned or operated by you, and accessible via one URL (“Matomo instance”). Additional licenses must be purchased in order to deploy the Software in multiple Matomo instances, including when these multiple Matomo instances are hosted on a single hardware system. "

Question 1: Is it allowed to install the same plugin license in a production instance and additionally in a development/testing instance which is used only for the purpose of validating the system and investigating and checking issues by the development team?

1. “(ix) You may not reverse engineer or disassemble or re-distribute the Software in whole or in part, or create any derivative works from or sublicense any rights in the Software, unless otherwise expressly authorized in writing by InnoCraft.”

Question 2: Are we allowed to purchase ourselves the plugin license and install it in the server owned by our client (so it is part of our service)? or is this prohibited and the client shall purchase the plugin on their own name?

Thanks in advance!!

Could you please anybody support me about this question? We are waiting for it to make a decision about implement it or not, thanks!

Hi Marta,
Thanks for your message.

Question 1: Is it allowed to install the same plugin license in a production instance and additionally in a development/testing instance which is used only for the purpose of validating the system and investigating and checking issues by the development team?

Yes, it is allowed. You can use the plugin in your various environments (the production instance and also staging/test/dev) with one license.

Question 2: Are we allowed to purchase ourselves the plugin license and install it in the server owned by our client (so it is part of our service)? or is this prohibited and the client shall purchase the plugin on their own name?

Yes, you are allowed to purchase on behalf of your customer. However you would need to create a separate Marketplace account (and email) for each of the instances you will deploy in this way. Because one marketplace account = one instance.

Please review and let us know if you have any question,

Thank you very much Mattieu for your response. It is very clear now and the client has decide to use premium features! Thanks!

Hello @matthieu

We have also acquired the two licenses mentioned above.
If I now deposit a license key in the Marketplace, the license already entered will be deactivated.
I can’t activate both plugins within a Matomo instance.

Is there a trick here?

Thank you,
Patrick

Hi @matthieu

I was able to solve the problem.
I have several accounts for the Matomo Shop https://shop.matomo.org

I had purchased the licenses from different accounts, so one license was always deactivated.
Now everything works correctly.

Greetings from Berlin

1 Like