Ksort Install Error

I have searched for help, but only found a topic about this in the German forum but no answer was made to the post.

The install page gives me all green checklights, except it says memory in PHP is a little low (all files uploaded as binary). I made a second upload to a new directory, since first upload was not binary. I got database connected and tables created no problem.

After Piwik gets to creation of super user I enter info, username, password, e-mail, and then click next. The install fails with this error:

ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
in ‘/public_html/piwik/plugins/SitesManager/API.php’ at the line 885

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 ksort(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/plugins/SitesManager/API.php:885]
#2 Piwik_SitesManager_API->getTimezonesList(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/FormFirstWebsiteSetup.php:31]
#3 Piwik_Installation_FormFirstWebsiteSetup->init(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/core/QuickForm2.php:38]
#4 Piwik_QuickForm2->__construct(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/FormFirstWebsiteSetup.php:21]
#5 Piwik_Installation_FormFirstWebsiteSetup->__construct(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Controller.php:432]
#6 Piwik_Installation_Controller->firstWebsiteSetup(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/plugins/Installation/Installation.php:72]
#7 Piwik_Installation->dispatch(…) called at [:]
#8 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php:213]
#9 Event_Dispatcher->addObserver(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php:458]
#10 Piwik_PluginsManager->addPluginObservers(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php:330]
#11 Piwik_PluginsManager->reloadPlugins(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php:219]
#12 Piwik_PluginsManager->loadPlugins(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:251]
#13 Piwik_FrontController->init(…) called at [/public_html/piwik/index.php:52]

I am on a shared server, so I cannot edit php.ini settings. I also use special SMTP e-mail server, so php mail does not usually work without some special setting or SMTP settings. Would the mail problem cause the failure? I tried to reup the plugins dir and no success.

I searched in google, and it said to chmod some dirs to 777 for piwik install, but no success with this. Any suggestion?

Thanks for the report. I committed a fix to SVN which you can easily apply: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/5455