Issues with IIS log Importing

The logs are generated on two different server and platoforms. The actual import I’m doing on the same server. I put the logs locally on the same drive as Piwik to run.

Did you try to change the folders with dashs in them?

As in change log-analytics to loganalytics ? Wouldn’t this mean have been picked up before, as it would mean it doesn’t work for any of Piwik users, this is part of the web structure ?

Yes, I know its very basic but im thinking try the obvious in front of the nose thing and see.

Also you mention you put the logs from anoter server can you double check the file rights are being respected and see that user and user rights are reflective of their new location.

Okay can try. But just for info, I don’t think it is because its unable to open the file as it does read a few lines before the above appears.

Hasnt made any difference. Still unable to use Piwiki at all which is a bit annoying. I have yet to import a log successfully from either NCSA or IIS formats. Nothing special with my setup or logs either… :S

:SHasnt made any difference. Still unable to use Piwiki at all which is a bit annoying. I have yet to import a log successfully from either NCSA or IIS formats. Nothing special with my setup or logs either…

:S

Hi,

I’ve tried this on another server now. Same error for IIS logs. I can’t seem to get passed it, thus I havent yet managed to make your software work except for NCSA files ???

Thanks

Ed

please create a ticket at dev.piwik.org and attach the failing log file, and the output you get from running the script. We’ll fix it sometimes next few months. Thanks!