Issues with CloudFlare

Hi,

I started using the DNS provided by CloudFlare and noticed some issues with Piwik. The first issue was that my Piwik page was blanki, I solved that excluding the page from CloudFlare (basically creating a page rule in my CloudFlare dashboard page).
The other issue is that the IPs of my visitors now appear as coming from CloudFlare IPs only. The location is correct as I see the proper flag (99% of my visitors come from Italy and I still see the Italian flag).
I read this (301 Moved Permanently) and this (301 Moved Permanently), but it’s not really clear to me what I need to do.
Could you please tell me what I need to have to what files and where they are? I’m a beginner so I would need idiot-proof instructions!

Thanks!

Update: following the suggestions in 301 Moved Permanently, I added

proxy_client_headers[] = HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP

under the [General] section in the config.ini.php file in my piwik/config folder and it works - the IPs are the IPs of the visitors and not the CloudFlare IPs anymore.

mamaalda thanks for that. If you d like, it would be great to add a new FAQ “How do I configure Piwik for CloudFlare?” that would mention the whitelist + config file change. If you reply with the answer thta explains i’ll add it to FAQ thx!

Hi

I use cloudflare and am new to piwik.

It seems quite tricky to integrate the two?

Just to check all that I need to do is:
proxy_client_headers[] = HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP

under the [General] section in the config.ini.php file in my piwik/config folder and it works - the IPs are the IPs of the visitors and not the CloudFlare IPs anymore.

And this will apply to all my sites that use cloudflare in piwik and do no damage to those that don’t use cloudflare in piwik?

Correct