Issue on my Russian website

Hello everybody. For last two days, I am facing a strange bug on Matomo on my website. My website is in English & Arabic & Russian and each of them uses it’s own Matomo site_id in the tracker. Matomo tracker works fine on first two, but on the Russian website, It returns 403 Error (Forbidden You don’t have permission to access this resource. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.)

It was working fine for years until two days ago. I investigated the problem and I saw that the only difference between Russian website and two other languages is that Page Title in it is in Russian alphabet! If I just manually change “action_name” parameter to English characters (e.g. MatomoTest), there will be no problem and tracker works fine. Now, I am wondering how to solve the problem!

Thank you guys.

Do you use Matomo Tag Manager, or the basic JavaScript tracker?

I use simple JS tracker. I also test it by copying the address link from “Network Tab of Inspect Element” and using it directly in the browser.

When you track the page view, change the title via the setDocumentTitle function:
https://developer.matomo.org/guides/tracking-javascript-guide#custom-page-title

OK, thanks. But do you have any hints on how to debug this issue, regardless of changing the title by setDocumentTitle? I have server side access.

Matomo seems to not take some charset into account.
You can maybe create a ticket in the GitHub repo: