Is there Any Problem with Installing Piwik On Your Actual Website/Server?

I want to install Piwik on the same server/URL of my main website.

For example, say my main website is: www.dogtrainingtips.com, I would want to install piwik in: www.dogtrainingtips.com/piwik

Would this mess anything up with piwik? I want to do it like this on all of my websites in order to avoid an obvious footprint (IE: having the same URL pointing to my piwik server on ALL of my sites, which shows up in the HTML source code if you check).

I figured that most people probably install Piwik on an external server/site than the actual website that they are trying to track. But are there any known issues with installing Piwik on the SAME website that it is going to track? (as shown in the example above).

Thank you very much for any info; it is greatly appreciated.

Hello
I have several piwik installations running for different websites. They are all located on that respective server.
I do not use external servers at all. So far I encountered no problem at all.

[quote=BologNese @ Jul 6 2010, 05:42 PM]Hello
I have several piwik installations running for different websites. They are all located on that respective server.
I do not use external servers at all. So far I encountered no problem at all.[/quote]

Thank you Bolognese; that is all that I needed to hear!

This is perfectly fine. It might even speed the website speed as there is no additional DNS-Query and no additional HTTP-connection has to be made.