Ip correct buy country is not correct

hi
i just install the latest version piwik 1.6 ,and test it .all is good .but it show the wrong country .i am in china ,i open my website ,then i see one visitor at the dashboard in piwik ,it show the visitor IP ,that is my IP ,but show the visitor country is US .
how can i fix this problem,i think it may because the IP database need update.

how can i update piwik IP database.

I too have this problem. In particular I have noticed that a number of IP addresses that are from the UK are being shown as from the USA. Some examples are:
81.97.87.83 (NTL Infrastructure - Luton UK)
90.210.0.160 (BSKYB-BROADBAND Easynet Ltd BSkyB Broadband UK)
31.185.240.110 (PLUSNET-DIAL-ADSL Plusnet plc UK)
all of which show up as visitors originating in USA.

I don’t know whether this problem existed in versions prior to 1.6 as I have only recently installed Piwik (wish I had discovered it a long time ago, it’s great in other respects!)

I would be grateful for any advice on whether this problem is a ‘bug’ in Piwik or whether I have something configured incorrectly and, if so, how to correct the error. Thank you,

Bob

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.