IP Cookie Block

Hello,
In addition with the previous suggestion, I used phpmyvisit.
This good tools offers an excluded addresses function.
It could be very helpful “to re-use” this function in the root application or with a plugin
Have a good day .

hi!
as rookie I would try it like this:
$ip = array(“xx.xxx.xxx.xx”);
if (in_array(“xx.xxx.xxx.xx”)) {
}
Looks wrong?

You could easily do something like this:

<?php
$ipaddresses = ("xx.xx.xx.xx", "xx.yy.xx.yy", "yy.xx.xx.yy", "asmanyasyouwant");
if (in_array($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $ipaddresses)){
?>
<!-- Piwik -->
[[ your piwik code ]]
<!-- End Piwik Tag -->
<?php
}
?>

Hope that helps style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

[quote=libertybn @ Aug 9 2009, 03:39 PM]hi!
as rookie I would try it like this:
$ip = array(“xx.xxx.xxx.xx”);
if (in_array(“xx.xxx.xxx.xx”)) {
}
Looks wrong?[/quote]

<?php
$ipaddresses = ("xx.xx.xx.xx", "xx.yy.xx.yy", "yy.xx.xx.yy", "asmanyasyouwant");
?>
<!-- Piwik -->
[[ your piwik code ]]
<!-- End Piwik Tag -->
<?php

But what if the server is not having php installed on it and the webpages are written in .net ,I feel the above solution will not work.

What if we add codes in some Custom plugin and undo whatever changes Piwik has made on the database

}
?>

Hope that helps style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/quote]

Yes, it would be a good feature to have. I believe that there is a “blocking cookie” code that provides a similar service, although in a slightly different way. The cookie has to be installed on the computer through which you are accessing the page, to exclude it from the stats. I remember reading that this is also available with PiWik, although I am unsure how to enable it.

IP blocking and blocking cookies aren’t core features yet. (We have to do some work on the UI.) There are some community code contributions in the corresponding tickets in Trac if you desperately need these features.

I would like to delete the entries that I have created myself - I know which IP address i had from my router.

My idea is: I would like to delete the entries that from my ip address directly in the database from the table piwik_log_visit (db shema

Do i oversee something? would this corrupt links to other dbs?

Sorry Just saw that I posted in the wrong forum. Could someone move this to the other forum?

Hi PIWIK friends,

this is a great software. Thanks for the devs.

First, please sorry for my english.

I have read the posts about this problem but i don’t think that the IP-adress-workaround is very usefull, because the most providers have dynamic ip’s. But the post about it inspired me a little bit.

So i wrote a little Plugin for setting a cookie. And in my application i check this cookie. And if it is set, i don’t show the piwik code.

So simple.

Now, if someone is interested, i will clean the code and publish it.

Best regards

Yasin from Berlin
www.snapshirt.de

I would be interested in how that works.

I’m currently asking in the forum if it’s possible to run a db query to remove instances of my IP address from the table of visits.

It should be as easy as logging into mysql and running:
DELETE from piwik_name-of-table WHERE 123.123.123.123

The syntax needs work, but the effect should be removing each row (visit?) in that table that has 123.123.123.123 in it!!

The downside is that the command would have to be ran each time you wanted to see the stats without your IP in it (so… A button running a php script to do this could be fairly easily created, and put on the dashboard).

If anyone knows if this is a possible method, or how the syntax should be, please post and let us (me) know! lol

With regards to the php code, is there a means to exclude via dynamic IP and not just IP?

-Scott

Is there a way to block my ip from being counted or to use a blocking cookie to keep me from being counted when i view my site?

[quote=fisher39 @ Aug 13 2009, 04:46 PM]You could easily do something like this:

<?php
?>
<!-- Piwik -->
[[ your piwik code ]]
<!-- End Piwik Tag -->
<?php
}
?>

Hope that helps style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/quote]
Hi!
I´m sorry.
I use Joomla. In the index.php I set this snippet in, with an IP-Adress I found out about whatismyipaddress–com/.
After this, I visited my site again, and there was a parser error. Then I deletd the { right before ?>
and the site worked again.
But the visit was counted. I know, because I installed PIWIK freshly.

What is the fault now? Isn´t the IP I found out over the site whatis myip.com the IP needed in this case?
Or did I break the code?

Thank You in advance.

Before starting new topics, why not do a search and see that this has been asked many times and is planned.
But you know, anyone could contribute to Piwik, if they know about programming…

I search here in the forum, but i can not find the solution for this problem.

It’s normal as there isn’t any yet.