Invalid Time Zone during Installation

Hello,

the Installation (ver. 1.0) runs well until it asks for the time zone of the website.

I get an Invalid Time zone. I tried many values without success.
Php is running and its time zone is set America/New_York (value in the info).

Any hints on how I can fix this? Look at a few config files and all seem ok.

I installed a running version on my localhost without any problem.

thanks,
Louis-Philippe

Could you please attach a screen shot of your error ?

Hello Julien,

here it is.

My website is www.processing-plant.com. Hosted in NorthEast America (virginia I think, timezone is NY).

thanks,
Louis-Philippe

Could you try to apply the patch below (add one line) and submit the form again?

Index: plugins/Installation/FormFirstWebsiteSetup.php
===================================================================
--- plugins/Installation/FormFirstWebsiteSetup.php	(revision 3415)
+++ plugins/Installation/FormFirstWebsiteSetup.php	(working copy)
@@ -73,6 +73,7 @@
     			Piwik_SitesManager_API::getInstance()->setDefaultTimezone($timezone);
     		}
 		} catch(Exception $e) {
+			var_dump($e->getMessage());
 			return false;
 		}
 		return true;

This should give us the exact error that caused this ‘invalid timezone’ message.

Hello,

thx.

Here is what I got:

string(74) “Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysql_stmt_execute”

but I think I have to upload again (I erased it and re-upload but seems some stuff is missing or I need
to chmod a few files).
Let me redo the test after another upload.

What I got in the console:

common.cssFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
styles.cssFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery.jsFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-ui.cssFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
fdd2div-modified.jsFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-ui.jsFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
index.php:15Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
warning_medium.pngFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

thx
lpd

Hello,

I reloaded Piwik on my server.
So besides the expected integrity check (since this modified install file is different),
I do have the same message:

string(74) “Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysql_stmt_execute”

thanks
lpd

Use pdo_mysql. It looks like the mysqli extension on your system was built differently.

Hello,

indeed, using pdo_mysql solved it. Just have to check the IP vs countries, I show up as in US and I am in Singapore…anyways, most of the traffic data seems to be collecting.

Thanks a lot!

cheers
lpd

Yes, this is an unfortunate side-effect of using mysqli and PDO extensions … they are sometimes dependent on the MySQL client libraries which php is linked to, which may contain bugs or be built incorrectly (e.g., compiler optimizations, MySQL Bugs: #48284: C99 aliasing violation, results in failures in the client library ).

The IP-to-country mapping is browser-based, by default. Use the GeoIP plugin if you want more accuracy.