Internal newsletters

Hi,

My team regularly sends out emails internally using html templates.

Could Piwik be used to track email open rates and click-through rates of the links in the emails?

There wouldn’t be a main website we drive internal recipients to, just weekly email newsletters with links to various internal/external resources. So I’m not sure where Piwik should be installed.

We’re currently just using a white-pixel with a bit.ly url embedded in the template but it’s not the best solution, so I’m keen to find out if I could use Piwik for better and more in-depth tracking.

Thank you,
Massimo

Yes, see: Tracking Campaigns – Analytics Piwik - Analytics Platform - Piwik

Thanks matthieu, isn’t that mainly for links within newsletters?

I’d like to track open rates of the email itself, how could it work for that case?

Ah sorry re: open rates. Didn’t read your question carefully. Could you create an issue in our tracker here: Issues · piwik/piwik · GitHub and we may be able to help

Thanks, I’ve just created it Create a FAQ about tracking Internal newsletters · Issue #11566 · piwik/piwik · GitHub

see: How do I track how many users open and read my newsletter emails (using a pixel / beacon)? How do I track how many users open and read my newsletter emails (using a pixel / beacon)? - Analytics Platform - Piwik