Installation with mod_security

Hello,

I am trying to install piwik on a server with mod_security installed. Trying to create config.ini.php fails because mod_securtiy blocks it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif . Is there an example config.ini.php file available, so I can configure it manually and upload it to the site?

Are there any other files that will be created during the installation and that then will probably be blocked by mod_security?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can selectively disable mod_security for config.ini.php and the tmp/ folder (used by Smarty) through .htaccess files.

Finally got it working, the working solution for me was to place .htaccess files in the following dir’s :
/tmp
/
/config
In the .htaccess files I placed the follwoing content:
SecFilterEngine Off
I could not get it working with SecFilterEnginePOST Off , but maybe that this might also work for others (it is more secure).

[quote=bert @ Jan 18 2009, 06:02 PM]Finally got it working, the working solution for me was to place .htaccess files in the following dir’s :
/tmp
/
/config
In the .htaccess files I placed the follwoing content:
SecFilterEngine Off
I could not get it working with SecFilterEnginePOST Off , but maybe that this might also work for others (it is more secure).[/quote]

bert, thx for your feedback; I would like to add this as a FAQ.what was the error message you got at the installation process with mod_security enabled?
is mod_security blocking all file creations?