Installation? - 2.3.0 - some web pages don't save or allow input

I am guessing I did something wrong in installation, but I am not sure. We are on version 2.3.0. System check is:

Open URL curl
Note: Piwik’s One Click update requires write-permissions to the Piwik folder and its contents.

Geolocation Geolocation works, but you are not using one of the recommended providers. If you have to import log files or do something else that requires setting IP addresses, use the PECL GeoIP implementation (recommended) or the PHP GeoIP implementation.

Neither one of which I see as a problem, just wanted to included them. Everything else passes.
I had to chmod 777 all directories in tmp. We are on linux, I think 2.6+.

Now as to my problems:

1. Some forms do not save work:
    Manage/Tracking: If I try to check any of the check boxes in Options, nothing happen. The box does not check and
    the JavaScript code is not generated.
    Settings/General settings: change the first setting ‘Allow Piwik archiving to trigger…’ from yet to no and click save at the bottom,
    I get loading at the top, but nothing appears to ever happen. If I click on ‘General settings’ again to reload it, the default yes is
    still checked. Same if I just reload the page. Please note, I have waited well over an hour before reload.
    These are just two examples. I was able to add web sites under Manage/Websites with no problem. Same with users.

2. Users: I have the initial user, piwikadmin, set up with the initial script. It, along with two other ids I created later have 'Super User’
    privileges. After logging out of piwikadmin, if I try to login one of the other two I get:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /piwik/index.php on this server.

The linux permissions are there, 755 for parent directories and 644 for index.php.

Any idea what is happening? Right now I do not have access to the apache logs, but hope to have that soon.

Thanks,
Douglas

Just got access to the error_log for the web server and see that mod_security might be the problem.
Went to a search engine and typed in “piwik linux mod_security” and found out that this is a known
issue. First link:Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo sent me to Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo.
I am in touch with the person who handles the web server and I will post a follow-up if this solves it.

Thanks,
Douglas

It was mod_security. We did as the instructions in the link suggested and everything I have checked
so far appear to work.

Thanks,
Douglas