I am writing to bring to your attention several inconsistencies I have discovered in the visits report of of matomo. The reported number of visits seems to be inaccurate and conflicting across different time periods.
Monthly Visits Discrepancy: The visits report indicates a decrease in the number of visits, suggesting an approximate count of 300,000 visits per month. However, when I directly query the database using the provided SQL statement, it returns a significantly higher count of 1.5 million visits per month. Please refer to the attached screenshots for reference
You can find the request I made at the end of the post.
Weekly Visits Discrepancy: Furthermore, when examining the same report at the weekly level, it displays an approximate count of 300,000 visits per week. It is illogical for the number of visits per month to match the number of visits per week, indicating a clear discrepancy. Kindly refer to the attached screenshot for reference
Considering these inconsistencies, it appears that there might be a problem in the aggregation calculation that affects the accuracy of the reported visit numbers.
Thank you for your attention to this issue. I look forward to receiving an update on the investigation and a resolution plan to address the inconsistencies in the visits report.
Request used : SELECT
idsite = 9
and visit_first_action_time >= ‘2023-01-01’