Including Piwik in my PHP project

Hi
I am working a website which has different pages for each members. I want to track the access to each profile page. I checked google analytics for this but found piwik suited best.

I now need to learn how to implement piwik in my project and display the visit stats. I checked the available documentation; there isn’t much information there. Is there a book or some sort of proper documentation to help me out? Please let me know.

Regards,
Sushil

[quote=sushilbajimaya @ Apr 30 2010, 07:10 AM]I am working a website which has different pages for each members. I want to track the access to each profile page. I checked google analytics for this but found piwik suited best.

I now need to learn how to implement piwik in my project and display the visit stats. I checked the available documentation; there isn’t much information there. Is there a book or some sort of proper documentation to help me out? Please let me know.[/quote]

As Piwik is still under heavy development I doubt that there is any documentation that is going very deep or 100% up to date.

It depends very much on what you want to provide to your members. An overall analysis (everyone can see all stats) or individual stats, so the members can only see the stats of their own pages?

[quote=holch @ May 1 2010, 01:54 AM]As Piwik is still under heavy development I doubt that there is any documentation that is going very deep or 100% up to date.

It depends very much on what you want to provide to your members. An overall analysis (everyone can see all stats) or individual stats, so the members can only see the stats of their own pages?[/quote]

I want my members to see the visit report to their profile; not the overall stats. Is it possible to do that?

Well, you would have to automate the generation of new “accounts”. Whenever a new user and their profile is generated, you would have to generate a new site. So each profile of each user would be a site.

You then would have to generate the PIWIK code automatically by your application. So each profile of a user has an own Piwik code.

That’s what I think would be the easiest way, without having to tweak Piwik too much.

How you finally implement this into your application, this is of course up to you. :wink:

[quote=holch @ May 3 2010, 03:47 PM]Well, you would have to automate the generation of new “accounts”. Whenever a new user and their profile is generated, you would have to generate a new site. So each profile of each user would be a site.

You then would have to generate the PIWIK code automatically by your application. So each profile of a user has an own Piwik code.

That’s what I think would be the easiest way, without having to tweak Piwik too much.

How you finally implement this into your application, this is of course up to you. ;-)[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I have a general what I have to do. I can write the code to automatically generate piwik 'account’s for each member sign up.

What I need to know is how to integrate piwik in my application so that the member does not have to do another sign up to see the visit stat. Once s/he is logged in, s/he should be able to view the visit stats amongst other tasks.

Do you have a general idea how to do this? I mean how to integrate piwik in my application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sushil