import_logs & log-format-regex - "requests ignored"

hello

i am new piwik user.

my event log :

Aug 31 23:59:59 tt-srv-name www.tt.com: 1.1.1.1 - - [31/Aug/2014:23:59:59 +0200] “GET /index.php HTTP/1.0” 200 3838 “Service | Tiroler Tageszeitung Online - Nachrichten von jetzt!” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0” 365020 www.tt.com

my regex:
.* ([0-9.]+) ([\w. -]+) ([.+]) ("(GET|POST) /.* HTTP/1.(0|1)") ([0-9]{3}) ([0-9]+) (".") (".") [0-9]+.*
or
"(?P\S+) \S+ \S+ [(?P.?) (?P.?)] “\S+ (?P.*?) \S+” (?P\S+) (?P\S+) (?P<generation_time_micro>\S+)"

when i try import the event log with regex and “–log-format-regex” parameter, the result is
1 requests ignored: 1 invalid log lines

can you help me or give me a link to a tutorial.
(and i am not one expert of regex)

thank you

ok now is good i changed my regex

–log-format-regex=’.((?P\S+) \S+ \S+ [(?P.?) (?P.?)] "\S+ (?P.?) \S+" (?P\S+) (?P\S+) “(?P.?)" "(?P<user_agent>.?)”).*’

Dear keep,

Thanks for your message. I think your use case makes a great example of the tricky to use log-format-regex

Maybe you would be kind to write up the example log line, example regex used and maybe add it to our README file? https://github.com/piwik/piwik/blob/master/misc/log-analytics/README.md

For this you can click EDIT on the page and then issue a pull request. Would love to see such example added as I know defining custom regex is often a problem for users