I have problem in Allowed memory size

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/touregyp/public_html/piwik/core/DataTable/Renderer/Php.php on line 152

I’m Also Getting This Problem Please help …

se How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

We’re running into the same problem. The issue might be somehow attributable to PHP 5.2.6 (as in the PHP version that is distributed with Debian Lenny) or more generally PHP versions <5.3. As we’re currently receiving this error even for a memory_limit of 768MB, we had to increase it to a whopping 2GB. That seems to work. For now.

We’re using a bootstap.php in piwiki’s root folder with the following content:

<?php ini_set('memory_limit', '2048M'); But - allowing a full 2GB RAM is most likely not an option for the majority of users and I suspect that even this value might not really fix the problem for certain workloads, only postpone it. I don't know if there's some more elegant workaround to this problem.

Markus
we recommend using php 5.3 which is much better around memory management. How many visits / pages do you track? it would be great if you could post your details in the post: 301 Moved Permanently

Upgrade to Debian Squeeze which would give us PHP 5.3 is planned for the future, but needs to be thoroughly tested, so it’s not something we could rush right now. Fact is, we’ll be stuck with Lenny for another couple of weeks at least, as we need to roll out some fixes to other PHP code that’s running on the same servers before going PHP 5.3… I posted our current metrics in the thread as requested, though we’re only collecting for a couple of hours now.