I deleted the config file

Hi,

I was trying to change my admin password when I overwrote the config.ini.php file with my SVN system. I cannot go back as the previous working version has been updated by Piwik.

Now, when I try to access the system it asks me to install Piwik… I’m afraid it would erase all my information if I do so, what to do?

The version of the configuration file I have uploaded contain the database name, user and password so I don’t understand why it doesn’t connect directly to it?

So I have download the Database (I’m using Piwik for 5 years or so) and I have lot of people using it, and I’m afraid I would have trouble upload the database back to the server if something goes wrong as it is heavy.

Thanks for your help,
Friendly,
Rui

I tried to click on next for the installation and it displays me the following:

Error: it seems you try to skip a step of the Installation process, or your cookies are disabled, or the Piwik configuration file is already created.
Make sure your cookies are enabled and go back to the first page of the installation .

Up!

When you install piwik you can choose to reuse the existing database. See: Installation - Analytics Platform - Matomo