I can not do archive task!

After I update the version 1.5.1, I use the piwik archiving, but I found the archiveing process couldn’t finish correctly. The following infomation is the the archiving
result:

root@localhost cron]# sh archive.sh
Starting Piwik reports archiving…

Reports archiving finished.

Starting Scheduled tasks…

Piwik › Error

Zend_Session is currently marked as read-only.

Go to Piwik
Login

Finished Scheduled tasks.

[root@localhost cron]#

Is there some errors in my configuration or I forgot something? thanks

ps:my operate system is
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 15:51:15 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

is ok?

maybe this problem has been solved.

But I still can not do archiveing task, the version is 1.5.1, is there some problems about what my configuration?

At the top of your crontab is /usr/local/bin listed in PATH? Usually that’s the location of the php executable.

now I return back to version 1.4, when I use piwik archiving, but it didn’t work too. and the problem is still

[root@localhost cron]# sh archive.sh

Piwik › Error

Zend_Session is currently marked as read-only.

Go to Piwik
Login

Finished Scheduled tasks.

please help me out!(:P)

the following is my test process according to your advice:

for TEST_PHP_BIN in php5 php php-cli php-cgi; do
if which $TEST_PHP_BIN >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
PHP_BIN=which $TEST_PHP_BIN
echo "$PHP_BIN"
break
fi
done

the result is
[root@localhost cron]# sh archive.sh
/usr/local/bin/php

Are you using Piwik 1.5.1 ? please also upgrade your PHP version

my php version:
PHP 5.3.6 (cli) (built: Jun 21 2011 19:37:05)

I had a similar issue, turns out I had forgotten to configure MySQL correctly in the PHP CLI configuration. The error message was rather misleading, I think the reason it occurs is that when Piwik detects the invalid configuration it tries to trigger the installation, which attempts to use the session, which fails due to the CLI environment (I believe).

This may or may not be your exact problem, but the Session error may be leading you down the wrong path.

[quote=Richard.Thomas]
I had a similar issue, turns out I had forgotten to configure MySQL correctly in the PHP CLI configuration. The error message was rather misleading, I think the reason it occurs is that when Piwik detects the invalid configuration it tries to trigger the installation, which attempts to use the session, which fails due to the CLI environment (I believe).

This may or may not be your exact problem, but the Session error may be leading you down the wrong path.[/quote]

thank you very much, i will check it according to what you said,:slight_smile:

[quote=Richard.Thomas]

This may or may not be your exact problem, but the Session error may be leading you down the wrong path.[/quote]

can you describe how to solve the problem in detail, I can not find where the problem is, thanks