How to rename the menu name or Adding the new menu name

Hi Sir…

I am try to add new menu and rename the exist menu name .but i m unable to add the menu …can any one guide me how i can add any example for that …

i need to change the exist Dashboard name to My Dashboard

I found two function for that in : core/Menu/MenuAbstract.php page. …

Rename:

public function rename($mainMenuOriginal, $subMenuOriginal, $mainMenuRenamed, $subMenuRenamed)
{
$this->renames[] = array($mainMenuOriginal, $subMenuOriginal,
$mainMenuRenamed, $subMenuRenamed);
}

Add new name:

public function rename($mainMenuOriginal, $subMenuOriginal, $mainMenuRenamed, $subMenuRenamed)
{
$this->renames[] = array($mainMenuOriginal, $subMenuOriginal,
$mainMenuRenamed, $subMenuRenamed);
}

Actually i did not get that file from where u r getting the menu name ie:dashboard,visitor…etc…It will be great help if u can help me how i can solve that issue…

Thanx in adavance…

Regards

Sam

What do you have so far? Have you generated a menu class? Or listening to menu events in the plugin file? Or nothing done yet?

Which dashboard link do you want to rename? The one on top right? Or the one in the reporting menu?

We will release a blog post tomorrow showing some menu examples.

Hi Sir…

Thanx for your valuable response…

Right now nothing done yet?

yes i want to rename on top…also sub menu …if possible tell me proper how i can do this so that it will improve my knowledge also …which file i need to modified…

Thanx once again…

Regards
Sam

Hi Sir…

I am still waiting ur menu example as u told me yesterday …can u provide me …plzz

Sorry I am a bit busy at the moment.

Please have a look at this blog post: How to add new pages and menu items to Piwik – Introducing the Piwik Platform - Analytics Platform - Matomo

You want to do the second part and generate a menu.

In those configure methods you can call “$menu->rename($mainMenuOriginal, $subMenuOriginal, $mainMenuRenamed, $subMenuRenamed)” or even “$menu->remove()”

Maybe this helps already?