How to install piwik on localhost using xampp and mysql

how to install piwik on localhost using xampp and mysql

Well there is not much to do, the most difficult part being to install xampp. Piwik will be install as any standard software such as wordpress, joomla… are you facing any difficulties in particular?

Hi there,

ThanQ so much for your reply, I am have encountered the below issue , after trying to run the app on my localhost

Piwik encoutered an error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (which lead to: SQLSTATE[3D000]: Invalid catalog name: 1046 No database selected)

HI,

FYI… I am not using any CMS

Hi,

this means that piwik tried to execute a task but took more than 30 seconds, which is the maximum execution time of your setup. You can modify this in your php.ini.

Hi,

I did that as well, I have increased the time from 30 sec to 90 sec,still it shows the same error

It may also be possible, that there is an error connecting to the database. Can you check the config? (In config/config.ini.php)

Hi,

Thanks for the response , I am able to login by fixing the config.ini.php file, I have one more question, is it possible to do analytics, using piwik installed on localhost?

Hi, it depends on on what you mean by installed on localhost (it just means on the same computer as the user).
Obviously you can’t include a tracking code including localhost into a website as the browser will look on the computer of the visitor for piwik.