How do email reports work?

First off… I love piwik and have been using it for years!!

I recently became interested in the email reports, but am very confused. When I select daily then does it send a report for yesterday. And when I send a weekly report on Mondays then does it send a report for the week before? Same with monthly, does it send out a report of the month before?

I made an email schedule and set to weekly, but when I click send now or download I get a report for whatever date range I have selected in the dashboard. Do I have to set a date range in the dashboard then creat and schedule an email report?

I want a report to be sent every monday displaying the report for the Sunday through Sunday before. Is this possible? How do I set it to send that?

Will there ever be any implementation where we can set a date range to be sent? Like choose to send a report weekly, but have it include the past two weeks, so it’s easier to compare last week’s with the week before that?

Maybe I am just not understanding the email reports right, but thank you ahead of time for any explanations!!

When you click “Download” or “Send now” the reports will be sent for the Date currently selected in the calendar. However when reports are sent automatically Daily/Weekly/Monthly, the reports will automatically be sent for the previous Day/Week/Month respectively.

OK great! thanks!