We operate a high traffic Matomo installation. Measures we have implemented for smooth operation:
- Installation distributed on several servers (DB, Backend, Tracking, Redis, etc.)
- Queued Tracking with Redis to handle peak loads
- Disable browser trigger archiving
browser_archiving_disabled_enforce = 1 enable_create_realtime_segments = 0 enable_browser_archiving_triggering = 0
Reports for day, week and month are loaded without problems. However, as soon as the user selects a date range (e.g. 02.10.2021 to 21.01.2022), problems occur. As I understood it, such reports are compiled/archived on request, which is technically not possible above a certain amount.
Solutions to deal with this problem:
- Hiding custom period date ranges selection in the calendar (Plugin)
- More hardware power (doesn’t scale as well at some point)
My question is: I would be interested to know how others have solved this problem. Are there any other recommendations on how to solve this? Is it possible to select a date range and archive it via cronjob?