Help to simulating users

Hi Folks,

I’m like to demonstrate piwik to my boss in a way more close to our reality. For that I’d like to simulate a few hundred users in a real case.
Does anyone ever did something like that?

For that I’m using jMeter. Since jMeter works on the HTTP calls only (it does not execute javascript content) I “recorded” a live web session with a proxy and I’m trying to just change the parameters passed over to the piwik.php page.

My first problem is: I’m having problem to made calls as different users. How and when does piwik set the cookies that it uses to identify a single user?

There is other questions, but I’ll ask them in different threads.

Best regards and thanks for any help

Is the OS, Browser, Screen res, or anything is changing while your script is running ?
Piwik use gathered data about user config and all and hash it to make a unique identifier.
Maybe it also place a cookie, that i dont know.
All i know is that if i test a page in different browser, each test is considered a different unique user (and a returning user after the first hit).

[quote=TulipVorlax @ Feb 22 2010, 11:41 PM]Is the OS, Browser, Screen res, or anything is changing while your script is running ?
Piwik use gathered data about user config and all and hash it to make a unique identifier.
Maybe it also place a cookie, that i dont know.
All i know is that if i test a page in different browser, each test is considered a different unique user (and a returning user after the first hit).[/quote]

No. Below is the data that my tests are passing. Data enclosed in curly braces are dynamic (jmeter changes it before sending), the rest are “constant” values:

idsite=2
url=www.mysite.com
res=1024x768
h=<random number between 0-23>
m=<random minute between 1-59>
s=<random second between 1-59>
cookie=1
urlref=
rand=0.029115581872977803
pdf=1
qt=0
realp=1
wma=0
dir=0
fla=1
java=1
gears=0
ag=1
action_name=

Cheers,

It is not that simple, although it could be by providing a new API, see http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/134