Have GeoIP but still countries don't match IP

I have installed GeoIP and if I randomly pick an IP from my webstats, for example this one: 203.87.159.13, Piwik says: USA but if I look it up on whois ip then it says PHILIPPINES… what to trust?

Sorry didn’t see this thread: 301 Moved Permanently

I have a similar experience - even though I’ve now got GeoIP installed.

GeoIP has separate widgets that you can add to your Dashboard

I have installed the Geo IP plugin. Updated the config file. Cleared the archives table. Emptied the tmp/*

But the Country map still shows wrong information. What am I missing here?

See the attached image, shows nothing from India on the map.

The geoip plugin has its own widgets because it stores the geolocation in new columns

The existing Piwik widgets are not integrated to use those fields.

We plan to add and integrate geolocation to the base Piwik distribution.

Thank you for this information - I hadn’t realised there were separate GeoIP widgets. Now I’ve activated these the Dashboard shws some more sensible results. Sounds like a good move to integrate them in a future release. Thanks.

Bob

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.