Group Websites

Hey there.

We have a huge amount of portals (>100) we had defined in a group of websites in google analytics.

Now in Piwik we defined all portals as websites and started tracking them.
But we have to sum up all portals by hand to get the total sums.
Will it be possible to group some websites together to be able to view statistics for each single website (as it is) or the entire group?

Would be really great!

Greetings from Germany
Michael

The Multi-Sites Summary plugin will be released in 0.5.1.

The Multi Site Dashboard is a nice Feature, I already saw it in the bugtracker, but it is not what I ment.

We have really much portals for different companies and products.
All these Portals can be seperated in different categories.
In GA we grouped the portals by this categories to view statistics for all portals in the categories.

What I ment is not a Table with statistics for all sites.
It is the possibility to group some sites together and show statistics for the entire group like for every single site.

Pages can have multiple trackers. Add a new site in Piwik that represents the group. Add alias URLs for the sites in the group. Add another trackPageView() call in your pages using the “site” (group) id.

We’ve just released a new plugin which could really helpful to you: Roll-Up Reporting aggregates data from multiple websites, mobile apps and shops into a Roll-Up site to gain new insights and save time.

Roll-Up ReportingRoll-Up Reporting lets you aggregate data from multiple websites and apps into one single site. It lets you answer questions like “How many visits happened on all of my websites and apps?” and “Which campaigns contributed the most across several of my websites?” or “How do my various Brands overall compare with each other?” When you have several shops (eg white-labels) it is very valuable to see how your ecommerce shops are performing overall. Or when you are a web agency and you are serving many customers and want to provide each customer with a single aggregate view of all their web properties. Roll-Up Reporting lets you analyze this aggregated data in one site so easily. It saves you lots of time and helps you gain the insights you need instantly.

The Roll-Up Reporting User Guide and the
Roll-Up Reporting FAQ cover how to get the most out of this plugin.

For any other question feel free to contact us.