Got invalid response from API request

Hi, I’ve got these errors since a few month. Until now it was no problem for me, but now I want to get rid of these errors:

[quote=“Cron www-data@server /usr/bin/php5 /var/www/sites/piwik/console core:archive --piwik-domain=http://piwik.server.net >> /var/log/piwik/archive.log”]ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-15 23:10:05] Got invalid response from API request: http://piwik.server.net/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=removed&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'task,output Piwik\Plugins\ExamplePlugin\Tasks.myTask,Time elapsed: 0.000s Piwik\Plugins\ScheduledReports\API.sendReport_1,Time elapsed: 4.795s Piwik\Plugins\ScheduledReports\API.sendReport_5,“ERROR: Sie können auf die Ressource nicht zugreifen, da Sie dafür mindestens ‘view’ Rechte benötigen.”'
ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-15 23:10:05] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.
ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-15 23:10:05] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.

[Exception]
1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.

core:archive [–url="…"] [–force-all-websites] [–force-all-periods[="…"]] [–force-timeout-for-periods[="…"]] [–skip-idsites[="…"]] [–force-idsites[="…"]] [–force-periods[="…"]] [–force-date-last-n="…"] [–force-date-range[="…"]] [–concurrent-requests-per-website[="…"]] [–disable-scheduled-tasks] [–accept-invalid-ssl-certificate] [–xhprof]
[/quote]
And this is the other error:

[quote=“Cron www-data@server /usr/bin/php5 /var/www/sites/piwik/console core:archive --piwik-domain=http://piwik.server.net >> /var/log/piwik/archive.log”]

ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-16 00:10:30] Got invalid response from API request: http://piwik.server.net/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=removed&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'task,output Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\Tasks.purgeOutdatedArchives,Time elapsed: 21.885s Piwik\Plugins\ExamplePlugin\Tasks.myTask,Time elapsed: 0.000s Piwik\Plugins\ScheduledReports\API.sendReport_2,ERROR: An error occured while sending ‘PDF Email Report - 2.2015-03-09.2.de.pdf’ to k.schreier@domain.com. Error was ‘malformed input
’ Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\Tasks.purgeInvalidatedArchives,Time elapsed: 9.712s Piwik\Plugins\PrivacyManager\Tasks.deleteReportData,Time elapsed: 0.020s Piwik\Plugins\PrivacyManager\Tasks.deleteLogData,Time elapsed: 0.014s Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Tasks.clearAllCacheEntries,Time elapsed: 0.078s Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Tasks.sendNotificationIfUpdatesAvailable,Time elapsed: 0
.033s Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\Tasks.optimizeArchiveTable,Time elapsed: 12.623s Piwik\Plugins\CoreUpdater\Tasks.sendNotificationIfUpdateAvailable,Time elapsed: 0.066s’
ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-16 00:10:30] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.
ERROR CoreConsole[2015-03-16 00:10:30] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.

[Exception]
1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.

core:archive [–url="…"] [–force-all-websites] [–force-all-periods[="…"]] [–force-timeout-for-periods[="…"]] [–skip-idsites[="…"]] [–force-idsites[="…"]] [–force-periods[="…"]] [–force-date-last-n="…"] [–force-date-range[="…"]] [–concurrent-requests-per-website[="…"]] [–disable-scheduled-tasks] [–accept-invalid-ssl-certificate] [–xhprof][/quote]
Is there any chance to fix these errors?
Piwik runs on Ubuntu 10.04 with Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.4. I have installed the latest version.

Hi three,

to fix the first issue with ERROR sending the report 5,

execute SQL query

DELETE FROM piwik_report where idreport=5

I deleted the entry. Now I have to wait until monday if the error is gone.

There were four other reports in the table which result in a similar error. I also deleted them. But now I will create a new report and check what will happen.

I just created a new Piwik email report in PDF format. If I try to send the mail directly via the button I get the error you see in the attachment.

Hi there,

can you please comment on this thread: Error was malformed input, while sending PDF Email Report · Issue #5193 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub
and list the steps you did to generate the error (how can we reproduce it?)

I commented to the thread on github.