Goals correlation?

First of all - I enjoy using piwik. It’s a great job you have done! Thanks!

I searched around, but still couldn’t find an answer.
I think it’s very practical to know what other goals were reached by the users that reached a specific goal.

For example: I’m having a video-clip and a ‘register’ button at a site. And I’d like to know how many people who have watched this clip pressed the ‘register’ button.

I made two goals to track. But how do I know the correlation between them?

Sorry if I just missed the right solution somewhere across the pages…
Please let me know what’s the best way to track this kind of situations using Piwik.

[quote=ibmed @ Oct 30 2010, 11:28 AM]First of all - I enjoy using piwik. It’s a great job you have done! Thanks!

I searched around, but still couldn’t find an answer.
I think it’s very practical to know what other goals were reached by the users that reached a specific goal.

For example: I’m having a video-clip and a ‘register’ button at a site. And I’d like to know how many people who have watched this clip pressed the ‘register’ button.

I made two goals to track. But how do I know the correlation between them?

Sorry if I just missed the right solution somewhere across the pages…
Please let me know what’s the best way to track this kind of situations using Piwik.[/quote]

What about taking a look at the individual values? Looking at how many visitors on your first page and then comparing it to the amount of visitors in the 2nd page manually?

Or were you looking for a specific automated function?

That’s not the same…

To make your website work better you must know WHAT exactly is it that attracts the most customers.
And this information is essential.

When it’s just two numbers - you can’t actually make a conclusion.

Well, there are a couple of issues here.

The first is that Piwik currently limits the number of goal conversions tracked to 1 per visit. (We have a ticket open to make this configureable.)

The second is that goal correlation (as I understand your definition) is a messy calculation, and probably won’t yield meaningful information. You probably want funnel analysis. Please try out the Funnels plugin (the github link is in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/220)) and provide feedback to the developer, “crowbot”, either in Trac or on github.

I installed the funnels plugin. But it seems that it works only with URLs.
And in my case it is goals that I’d like to track (because they are: watching video-clip in flowplayer, opening reg form that uses javascript to appear, etc - so I’m using manual goal tracking).

Any suggestions on the best way to do it?

Ask crowbot if he can add support for manually tracked goals.