Get error after I clicked on "Email Reports" link from top menu

First of all, thanks for the amazing analytics software.

I followed the installation guide and the installation went well without any issue.
This is a fresh installed of the latest PIWIK 1.8.4. At the admin end, everything seems fine but one issue I spotted, I got this error when I clicked on “Email Reports” link at top:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1143 SELECT command denied to user ‘XXXX_XXXX’@‘localhost’ for column ‘idsite’ in table ‘piwik_report’

I have granted all the DB priviliges/ permission for user XXXX_XXXX so this should not be the cause.

Backtrace:

#0 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#3 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(220): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#4 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(736): Piwik_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#5 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsFunctions/Sql.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#6 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsFunctions/Sql.php(445): Piwik_Sql::fetchAll(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#7 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/plugins/PDFReports/API.php(259): Piwik_FetchAll()
#8 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/plugins/PDFReports/Controller.php(60): Piwik_PDFReports_API->getReports(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#9 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php(138): Piwik_PDFReports_Controller->index(1, false, false, true)
#10 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch()
#11 {main}

Any help please?:S

Can you double that user has the permissions on the piwik_report table with phpmyadmin for example?

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. How do you check this, I have looked into the phpmyadmin and could not figure it out how to check if piwik_report table has all the permissions, sorry I am not mysql proficient. please advise.

By the way when I add the user to the piwik database initially (at first set-up), I ticked the box “ALL PRIVILEGES” and this should apply to all tables, right?

What version of Mysql do you use? maybe try upgrade mysql if it’s old ?

MySQL client version: 5.0.92.
I looked at your docs at Piwik Requirements - Analytics Platform - Matomo and it already higher than MySQL version 4.1 or greater.

Everything at the PIWIK admin end seems working, just the “Email Reports” link part as I mentioned.

Just to report this, I get the same error messages when I deactivated the “MobileMessaging” under the Plugins tab. Activate it is fine, wierd issue.

can you confirm, that if you disable plugin again, message re-appears ? I still don’t have an explanation for this bug , but it would be interesting to understand :wink:

I will do further testing and will let you know.

I have done further test, basically after I activated the “MobileMessaging” plugins, it remains active which is fine, BUT when I try to deactivate it, I get very similar error message (when I go back to dashboard, then to the “MobileMessaging” plugins and click deactivate again - same error message appears):

Backtrace:

#0 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#3 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(220): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#4 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(736): Piwik_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#5 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsFunctions/Sql.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#6 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsFunctions/Sql.php(445): Piwik_Sql::fetchAll(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#7 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/plugins/PDFReports/API.php(259): Piwik_FetchAll()
#8 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/plugins/MobileMessaging/MobileMessaging.php(323): Piwik_PDFReports_API->getReports(‘SELECT * ???..’, Array)
#9 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/PluginsManager.php(174): Piwik_MobileMessaging->deactivate()
#10 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php(59): Piwik_PluginsManager->deactivatePlugin()
#11 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php(138): Piwik_CorePluginsAdmin_Controller->deactivate(‘MobileMessaging’)
#12 /home/webseo/public_html/analytics/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch()
#13 {main}

You forgot to paste the first line of error message ? thanks

Here it is, same error really:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1143 SELECT command denied to user ‘XXXX_XXXX’@‘localhost’ for column ‘idsite’ in table ‘piwik_report’’

(Where XXXX_XXXX is the user which I don’t want to paste here since this is an open forum)

Sorry about this I don’t really know. If any other user has the same problem please post here!

I think the best bet is to upgrade Mysql to latest verison as it could be a bug of Mysql.

I have used the same MySQL version for other cms like drupal, joomla without issue (I did many installation), this is the first time. The MySQL in use is already higher than the required version to power the piwik as in your docs. What I don’t understand is that anything relating with the report plugin has issue and other functions seem fine. I will post here if I find something new.