GeoIP Plugin

After upgrading today to latest release 0.2.30 i have ‘installed’ the GeoIP plugin and copied the dataset from Maxmind.

Have read the readme and could not see any additional steps - guess i did everything correct.

After that i enabled the plugin.
The widget is shown (english, but i am using german), but instead of seeing any geo data, there is always only one line: ‘Data not avaliable’.

Did i have overseen something or is something else broken?

Here a exctract from the error log:

[20-Feb-2009 15:20:24] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error query: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'location_geoip_longitude' cannot be null' in ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Db.php:193
Stack trace:
#0 ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Visit.php(248): Piwik_Tracker_Db->query('INSERT INTO piw...', Array)
#1 ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Visit.php(106): Piwik_Tracker_Visit->handleNewVisit('17', false)
#2 ..\piwik\core\Tracker.php(60): Piwik_Tracker_Visit->handle()
#3 ..\piwik\piwik.php(47): Piwik_Tracker->main()
#4 {main}
  thrown in ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Db.php on line 193

Maybe this helps …

[quote=mic @ Feb 20 2009, 01:59 PM]After upgrading today to latest release 0.2.30 i have ‘installed’ the GeoIP plugin and copied the dataset from Maxmind.

Have read the readme and could not see any additional steps - guess i did everything correct.

After that i enabled the plugin.
The widget is shown (english, but i am using german), but instead of seeing any geo data, there is always only one line: ‘Data not avaliable’.

Did i have overseen something or is something else broken?

Here a exctract from the error log:

[20-Feb-2009 15:20:24] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error query: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'location_geoip_longitude' cannot be null' in ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Db.php:193
Stack trace:
#0 ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Visit.php(248): Piwik_Tracker_Db->query('INSERT INTO piw...', Array)
#1 ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Visit.php(106): Piwik_Tracker_Visit->handleNewVisit('17', false)
#2 ..\piwik\core\Tracker.php(60): Piwik_Tracker_Visit->handle()
#3 ..\piwik\piwik.php(47): Piwik_Tracker->main()
#4 {main}
  thrown in ..\piwik\core\Tracker\Db.php on line 193

Maybe this helps …[/quote]

I have the same problem. Please help us.
Thanks in advance.

[quote=DaSilva @ Feb 24 2009, 08:50 PM]I have the same problem. Please help us.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

all the people with problems, please make sure you are using the latest version of Piwik, of the GeoIP plugin, and if you have any problem, please report it in the GeoIP ticket on http://dev.piwik.org/trac/attachment/ticket/45

Hi,

let me ask what is the latest version ?
0.5.2 or GeoIP_map_0.5.2.zip ? In pluginoverview is version 0.1 showing and not 0.5.2…

Same problem here. Plugin actually do not work, I tried it with different installations/versions. Piwik itself has no country-resolving widget, so there is very needed feature currently missing I’m not counting the UserCountry widget, since he receives “country” from browser language settings - because it’s… ahm… stupid. There is a lot of computers around the world installed default with “English, en-us”. For example, site where I use Piwik has actually something about 0.2-0.3% US visitors. But Piwik with standard UserCountry shows that I have 35-40% US visitors. So, again - it is very important feature, which is currently missing style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry.gif .