GeoIp plugin installation - File integrity check failed

I followed the procedure to add GeoIp plugin to various installations of Piwik 1.5.1 as described here:

When I go to acticate the plugin in piwik settings, I get taken to a page that says the following:

Database Upgrade Required
Your Piwik database is out-of-date, and must be upgraded before you can continue.
The following plugins will be updated: GeoIP.
……

Ready to go?
The database upgrade process may take a while, so please be patient.

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error. Details
Continue to Piwik

When I click details I see this:
Integrity check failed: /home/username/public_html/piwik/config/global.ini.php

I fact I have used binary mode to upload piwik yes. So I have no idea why this comes up. If I refresh this page even after re-uploading everything in binary mode I still get the same.
When I click on Continue to Piwik, and then go to settings I see the plugin activated. If I deactivate it and activate it back, I don’t get taken to that error page.

What is wrong with it ? what should I do ?
thanks in advance

the message is complaining about global.ini.php. it has nothing to do with geoip.

it appears you locally edited the file, and the upgrade triggered an integrity check.

hi vipsoft thanks for your reply,
yes I had edited the file mentioned, to set enable_language_to_country_guess = 0 right before installing geoip.

glad it has nothing to do with geoip.
thanks again for your input

we recommend that local changes to the configuration be made in config.ini.php. This acts as an override to the settings in global.ini.php, and ensures that your change won’t be overwritten when we update global.ini.php in a subsequent release.

Just add a General section (if it doesn’t already exist) to your config.ini.php with the setting that you’re overriding, e.g.,

[General]
enable_language_to_country_guess = 0

yes I get it, thanks so much for your help

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.