GEOIP Conflict w/Wordfence

I just noticed that Piwik is displaying an error when I try to access the System Check page (see below) which leads me to believe that Piwik and Wordfence might be using the same geoip database. Piwik is also not tracking visitors but if I disable Wordfence, then the geoip error and tracking is resolved.

Any ideas on a fix for this problem?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare geoip_load_shared_mem() (previously declared in /home/USERNAME/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/waf/wfWAFGeoIP.php:240) in /home/USERNAME/public_html/analytics/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc on line 1444

Can someone please provide some help on this issue as I’ve had no tracking for over two weeks now.

As this seems to need a change in Piwik, i’d recommend you to open an github issue.
Or I can open one, because I think I know why this happens.

Done: Cannot redeclare geoip_load_shared_mem() when running together with wordfence · Issue #11817 · piwik/piwik · GitHub

If you could that would be great. If someone there does find a fix, is this something that would be incorporated into an update?

Hi,
I have already created the issue: Cannot redeclare geoip_load_shared_mem() when running together with wordfence · Issue #11817 · piwik/piwik · GitHub

If it is easy to fix (and I hope so) then you should be able to apply it manually until the next piwik update ships it.

Thanks for your assistance.