[FIXED] [live visitors plugin] shows wrong data

(Jens) #1

Hi!

I use piwik 0.5.4 with an activated plugin “Live” 0.5.4, installed as a widget on the dashboard. I have a total of 5 sites managed by one piwik installation, ID 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 (ID 4 is missing because i deleted that site before adding site 5 and 6).

When i’m at the dashboard of site id = 1, everything works fine. The sum of visitors at the top of the “Live” plugin are accurate.

Then i change to site id = 6. At first, the sum of visitores changes to the value from that site. But after some seconds, it automatically changes back to the value from site id = 1. All other data displayed is still correctly from site id = 6.

It’s the same behaviour when i change from site id = 1 to site id = 2.

I couldn’t find anything concerning this by forum search.

It would be nice if the developer of the plugin could have a look into this matter.

Rgds,
Jens

(vipsoft) #2

Fixed in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1825

(Jens) #3

Sorry for the late reply.

I changed the Controller.php file according to the posted fix in the bugtracker, but it did not show any effect.

I cleared my browser cache and reloaded the page with CTRL-R.

(jgab) #4

Hello. I also modified the Controller.php file according to Changeset 1825, and the problem was not fixed either on our 0.54 Piwik installation. Regards,

(vipsoft) #5

Sorry. I’m working on the dev trunk. We have a large patch for the Live plugin to merge in, so please wait for 0.5.5.

(Jens) #6

No rush … as long as i see the development is working, it’s fine with me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

(jgab) #7

Thank you! we can wait, no problem. Good news that there will be improvements on the Live module. Regards,

(jtr) #8

(deleted)

(jtr) #9

Same behaviour even with 5.5, after some seconds the widget in website 2 shows data from website 1 …

Anyway, updating from 5.4 to 5.5 went very smoothly, thanks for your work.

Joachim

(vipsoft) #10

Ok. I’ll add that to the ticket in Trac.

(Jens) #11

Just to let you know … i updated to 0.5.5 and the reported behaviour still exists like Joachim stated before.

(jr-ewing) #12

First of all - i can reproduce the failure and now working on it :wink:

(jm-mull) #13

hi there,

with “Live Visitors! - plugin” I experienced the history of visited pages is not correkt. If a visitor vists i.a. page A, then page B and then page A again, pwik loggs it at “pages per view” correct as 3 views - not so the history of “Live Visitors! - plugin” - ther it only loggs: page A and Page B.

Best Regards!

(trose) #14

[quote=jtr @ Mar 21 2010, 10:07 PM]Same behaviour even with 5.5, after some seconds the widget in website 2 shows data from website 1 …

Anyway, updating from 5.4 to 5.5 went very smoothly, thanks for your work.

Joachim[/quote]

The transition was very very smooth… thank you.
any update on the fix for 0.5.5??

-Tay

(vipsoft) #15

[quote=trose @ Aug 15 2010, 07:06 PM]The transition was very very smooth… thank you.
any update on the fix for 0.5.5??[/quote]

Try updating to 0.9.

(trose) #16

thank you!