based upon the existing IP filtering mechanism (in 0.6 RC1) here’s a workaround for filtering the own IP address by default:
- open piwik directory plugins/SitesManager
- open sitesmanager.php for editing
- look for private function getTrackerExcludedIps($idSite)
- insert $ownIP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; after
$globalExcludedIps = Piwik_SitesManager_API::getInstance()->getExcludedIpsGlobal();
- insert $excludedIps .= ',' . $ownIP; [b]after[/b]
$excludedIps .= ',' . $globalExcludedIps;
- save sitesmanager.php to the server
This should filter your IP by default... seems to work for me.
It’s a quickhack and I’m not a PHP expert, so maybe someone makes it an option within the sites manager view.
Edit: Grrr… works not as expected. Forced my ISP to change my IP. And Piwik is counting again. But this hopefully may be the correct approach.