Fatal error in upgrade to 2.16

My attempt to upgrade from 2.15 to 2.16 through browser failed after some time with this error message:

Fatal error: Class ‘ComposerAutoloaderInitdXXXXXXX’ not found in /XXX/piwik/vendor/autoload.php on line 7

The upgrade has made enough changes to the files to ruin the whole piwik install. Any call to piwik/index.php returns the same error.

Any clue on what to do before attempting a fresh re-install from scratch?

Thanks,
– Gregoire

I would bet you are using suhosin on your server?
I found this inside the suhosin logfile: ALERT - function within eval blacklist called: file_get_contents()
Past I unblacklistet file_get_contents (which is really not the best idea at all) it works like charm again. -.-

Holla

Thanks for the feedback.
I can’t tell for sure, as my page is hosted on a remote web hosting provider. But I’ve upgraded to 2.16 successfully for other sites on the same web hosting service, so I tend to think that suhosin (if present) is not the issue.
I suspect some timeout issue somewhere in the file copy process which would have left a non consistent state. But that’s just a guess.
– Gregoire

To close this topic, and provide some feedback:

I did a fresh install.
In my first attempt (same environment as previously), I had a warning because of the setting of the directive ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ which is switched off with the PHP 5.6 running on my host.

As I cannot access the php.ini file, I downgraded to PHP 5.5 and had a second try. This time, I didn’t get the warning and the install ended up nicely.

I think I remember my host suggested an upgrade to PHP 5.6 a few weeks ago, and I must admit I didn’t pay attention to the possible changes to the PHP configuration files. They suddenly became apparent with the upgrade to Piwik 2.16. :wink: