Fatal error in cronarchive.php after update to 2.10.0

Hi,

after update to 2.10. I get the following error (multisites).
I disabled all plugins (e.g. custom opt out) and themes (zeitgeitst) and still get the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.’ in …/core/CronArchive.php:406 Stack trace: #0
…/core/CronArchive.php(399): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’) #1
…/core/CronArchive.php(240): Piwik\CronArchive->end() #2
…/core/Access.php(454): Piwik{closure}() #3
…/core/CronArchive.php(241): Piwik\Access::doAsSuperUser(Object(Closure)) #4
…/misc/cron/archive.php(84): Piwik\CronArchive->main() #5 {main} thrown in
…/core/CronArchive.php on line 406
A fatal error occurred
The following error just broke Piwik (v2.10.0):
Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.’ in …/piwik/piwik_einrichtungen/core/CronArchive.php:406
Stack trace:
#0 …/core/CronArchive.php(399): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’)
#1 …/core/CronArchive.php(240): Piwik\CronArchive->end()
#2 …/core/Access.php(454): Piwik{closure}()
#3 …/core/CronArchive.php(241): Piwik\Access::doAsSuperUser(Object(Closure))
#4 …/misc/cron/archive.php(84): Piwik\CronArchive->main()
#5 {main}
thrown
in
…/core/CronArchive.php line 406

Entries of the errorlog.txt

[09-Jan-2015 08:34:13 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error

Piwik # Web Analytics

The plugin CustomOptOut is not enabled. You can activate the plugin on Settings > Plugins page in Piwik.

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

[09-Jan-2015 08:45:10 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error
Piwik # Web Analytics

The plugin CustomOptOut is not enabled. You can activate the plugin on Settings > Plugins page in Piwik.

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

[09-Jan-2015 09:11:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.’ in …/core/CronArchive.php:406
Stack trace:
#0 …/core/CronArchive.php(399): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’)
#5 {main}
thrown in …/core/CronArchive.php on line 406

Thanks for any help!

In another piwik installation I get this error:
Notice: Undefined index: defaultReport in …/core/CronArchive.php on line 1518

(Matthieu Aubry) #3

Hi Kinge,

Thanks for report, fixed in fix Notice: Undefined index: defaultReport in ..../core/CronArchive.p… · matomo-org/piwik@02d002c · GitHub

For the first problem, can you paste here the complete output of the error (or PM me the full output with a link to this post?)
Thanks!

Hi,

the error still persists and today I’ve opened piwik frontend - displaying lots of widget errors!

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found in …/plugins/VisitsSummary/API.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found’ in …/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php:350 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller->safemode(Array) #1 …/core/FrontController.php(586): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 …/core/FrontController.php(96): Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, ‘safemode’, Array) #3 …/core/FrontController.php(258): Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, ‘safemode’, Array) #4 [internal function]: Piwik\FrontController::triggerSafeModeWhenError() #5 {main} thrown in …/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php on line 350

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found in …/plugins/VisitsSummary/API.php on line 28
a:2:{s:6:“result”;s:5:“error”;s:7:“message”;s:31:“Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found”;}

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found in /www/htdocs/w00c8c52/piwik/piwik_alexianer_holding/plugins/DevicesDetection/API.php on line 35

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Class ‘Piwik\Archive’ not found’ in …/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php:350 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller->safemode(Array) #1 …/core/FrontController.php(586): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 …/core/FrontController.php(96): Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, ‘safemode’, Array) #3 /…/core/FrontController.php(258): Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, ‘safemode’, Array) #4 [internal function]: Piwik\FrontController::triggerSafeModeWhenError() #5 {main} thrown in …/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php on line 350

and so on…!?

(Matthieu Napoli) #5

This is not the same error, if there is a class missing that means that the files were not correctly uploaded (or some files were deleted?). Try reuploading Piwik files manually from the latest release.

Ok, I’ve reuploaded the files of the latest release - frontend works again - Thank you very much!

In the meantime I deactivated the cron job. I activated it again - and that’s the latest error message:

Notice: Undefined index: defaultReport in /www/htdocs/w00c8c52/piwik/piwik_alexianer_holding/core/CronArchive.php on line 1518

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away’ in …/libs/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228 Stack trace: #0 …/libs/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 …/libs/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #2 …/core/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(230): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #3 …/core/Db.php(175): Piwik\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql->query(‘INSERT INTO pi...', Array) #4 .../core/Option.php(198): Piwik\Db::query('INSERT INTOpi…’, Array) #5 …/core/Option.php(71): Piwik\Option->setValue(‘lastRunArchivep…’, 1421396230, 0) #6 /www/htdocs/w00c8c52/piwik/piwik_alexianer_ho in …/libs/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 234

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Session_Exception’ with message ‘Session must be started before any output has been sent to the browser; output started in …/core/CronArchive.php/1518’ in …/libs/Zend/Session.php:443 Stack trace: #0 …/libs/Zend/Session/Namespace.php(143): Zend_Session::start(true) #1 …/core/Session/SessionNamespace.php(31): Zend_Session_Namespace->__construct(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’, false) #2 …/core/Nonce.php(39): Piwik\Session\SessionNamespace->__construct(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’) #3 …/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php(364): Piwik\Nonce::getNonce(‘CorePluginsAdmi…’) #4 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller->safemode(Array) #5 …/core/Fro in …/libs/Zend/Session.php on line 443

!?

(Matthieu Napoli) #7

The error is “MySQL server has gone away”, please have a look at this FAQ.

Thanks a lot - It worked!

Oops, sorry! I’ve thought it worked (it did for a few hours). Well, I’ve got two installations on a server. One is o.k. now, the second (where I reuploaded all files and did the fix in cronArchive.php) still produces this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.’ in …/core/CronArchive.php:406 Stack trace: #0 …/core/CronArchive.php(399): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’) #1 …/core/CronArchive.php(240): Piwik\CronArchive->end() #2 …/core/Access.php(454): Piwik{closure}() #3 …/core/CronArchive.php(241): Piwik\Access::doAsSuperUser(Object(Closure)) #4 …/misc/cron/archive.php(84): Piwik\CronArchive->main() #5 {main} thrown in …/core/CronArchive.php on line 406
A fatal error occurred
The following error just broke Piwik (v2.10.0):
Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.’ in …/core/CronArchive.php:406
Stack trace:
#5 {main}
thrown
in
…/core/CronArchive.php line 406

The values for the Mysql-server are the following:

wait_timeout = 960
max_allowed_packet = 128M

I’m sorry - but I still need help!

(Matthieu Napoli) #10

Could you enable the file log by putting this in your config.ini.php:

[log]
log_writers[] = "file"

Then there should be additional messages in the log file, which would be in /tmp/logs.piwik.log Could you paste the additional info?

Ok! Here the log file:

ERROR UserCountry[2015-01-21 07:05:06] [c366e] …/plugins/UserCountry/GeoIPAutoUpdater.php(485): Encountered unsupported archive type ‘dat.gz.’.
#0 …/plugins/UserCountry/GeoIPAutoUpdater.php(467): Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater::checkForSupportedArchiveType(‘dat.gz.’)
#1 …/plugins/UserCountry/GeoIPAutoUpdater.php(133): Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater::getGeoIPUrlExtension(‘http://geolite…’)
#2 …/plugins/UserCountry/GeoIPAutoUpdater.php(95): Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater->downloadFile(‘loc’, ‘http://geolite…’)
#3 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater->update(NULL)
#4 …/core/TaskScheduler.php(205): call_user_func(Array, NULL)
#5 …/core/TaskScheduler.php(146): Piwik\TaskScheduler::executeTask(Object(Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater))
#6 …/core/TaskScheduler.php(82): Piwik\TaskScheduler->doRunTasks()
#7 …/plugins/CoreAdminHome/API.php(32): Piwik\TaskScheduler::runTasks()
#8 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CoreAdminHome\API->runScheduledTasks()
#9 …/core/API/Proxy.php(211): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 …/core/API/Request.php(231): Piwik\API\Proxy->call(’\Piwik\Plugins…’, ‘runScheduledTas…’, Array)
#11 …/plugins/API/Controller.php(33): Piwik\API\Request->process()
#12 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\API\Controller->index()
#13 …/core/FrontController.php(586): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#14 …/core/FrontController.php(96): Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(NULL, NULL, NULL)
#15 …/core/dispatch.php(31): Piwik\FrontController->dispatch()
#16 …/index.php(27): require_once(’/www/htdocs/w00…’)
#17 {main}
ERROR Piwik\Access[2015-01-21 07:05:06] [b18cc] Got invalid response from API request: http://einrichtungen.alexianer.de/index.php?module=API&method=CoreAdminHome.runScheduledTasks&format=csv&convertToUnicode=0&token_auth=cf2c630f5492bada051c9282e7264f23&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'task,output Piwik\Plugins\ExamplePlugin\Tasks.myTask,Time elapsed: 0.000s Piwik\Plugins\UserCountry\GeoIPAutoUpdater.update,ERROR: Encountered unsupported archive type ‘dat.gz.’.'
ERROR Piwik\Access[2015-01-21 07:05:06] [b18cc] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.

(Matthieu Napoli) #12

Sorry for the delay. OK now it seems clear what the error is about:

Encountered unsupported archive type ‘dat.gz.’

The extension seems weird, there’s an additional period at the end. Are you sure the file name is correct?

Hi Matt,

thanks a lot! The last update really develops to a neverending story!? I read the error and updated the Geo-ip installation and there are no more logs in the tmp/logs/piwik.log after the 21st of january.

But in the Errorlog.txt I have these entries unregularly:
[28-Jan-2015 16:59:54 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error

Piwik # Web Analytics

Action ‘index’ not found in the module ‘Proxy’.

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

[29-Jan-2015 23:11:31 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error
Piwik # Web Analytics

The plugin customoptout is not enabled. You can activate the plugin on Settings > Plugins page in Piwik.

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

[30-Jan-2015 04:04:41 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error
Piwik # Web Analytics

The plugin customoptout is not enabled. You can activate the plugin on Settings > Plugins page in Piwik.

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

[30-Jan-2015 06:23:49 UTC] Error in Piwik: Piwik › Error
Piwik # Web Analytics

Go Back
Go to Piwik
Login

And I get every hour an email with no text but the subject
Cronjob http://…/misc/cron/archive.php?token_auth=cf2c630f5492bada051c9282e7264f23
I’ve inserted in the cron job administration that there should be no email sending when the job reached the status “Done”

I really wonder why I get from one error to another?

Best regards
Inge

(Matthieu Napoli) #14

The error message in the HTML you pasted is this:

Are you showing a “opt out” iframe on your website? Maybe users try to opt-out but the plugin is disabled in your Piwik. I don’t really know, try to enable the plugin maybe?

Yes, I use the opt out iframe, but the plugin is activated!