Fatal error: Exception thrown

Hello
I upgrade a first instance from 1.4 to 1.5 : ok
I upgraded second instance on second server : automatic upgrade went well . It said : upgrade successful.
Now trying to go to piwik I get error : Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0
I looked at the error log and only have :
[20-jun-2011 20:13:36] PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

then I deleted the whole install, reuploaded file from latest.zip file : same error.

2 questions :
1- could it be relatedt to php version : the working instance is at level 5.2.11 , non working version is at level 5.2.9
2- how to get back to version 1.4 knowing I don’t want to loose data (yes I should have taken a backup . . . grrrr )

Thanks for any good idea

In my case, my vanilla php builds of 5.1.3, 5.1.6, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.6, 5.2.10, etc don’t exhibit the problem.

However, upgrading to 5.2.11 (or later 5.2.x) or 5.3.4 (or later 5.3.x) should fix the problem for users who have the trunk patches, yet are still affected.

There is a PHP build bug that depends on the extensions that are enabled at compile-time, which may cause session close + autoload to fail in earlier versions of 5.2.x and 5.3.x. See PHP :: Bug #53141 :: autoload misbehaves if called from closing session

Please see 301 Moved Permanently

Ok, I answered somewhere else : I upgraded my PHP version to 5.1.17 and it works .