Fatal error: Class 'Piwik_SegmentEditor_API' not found in /home/.../plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php on line 86, Please Help!

Hi, I am novince at this. After I tried clicking on “automatic update,” the page seems like frozen for 10 minutes. I hit refresh on the browser and I got this error. I am not sure how to fix it.

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik_SegmentEditor_API’ not found in /home/ xxxxxxx / xxxx .org/piwik/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php on line 86

I could probably remove piwik and reinstall it all together but hoping I don’t have to resort to that.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Check in the conf files to make sure that you are using the updated global.ini file and not the original one.

It looks like some files were not uploaded properly. Please re-upload all files from 1.12 ZIP

Since I am new at this so I took the noob approach. The way I fixed this problem is by not addressing it all together :D. My hosting company has the single-click app install feature, and hence single-click uninstall. So I did so but left the database alone. Then I did the single-click install again with the same installation info/database. After that did the “automatic update.” I made sure I wait for the update finish. Everything seems be working again without any error.:)-D
Thank you for replying to my message!

Hello,

I have the exact same error:

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Piwik_SegmentEditor_API' not found in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.org/stats/plugins/PDFReports/PDFReports.php on line 86

When I try to update my Piwik 1.12 to 2.02 with the following command (My Piwik DB weight ~200MB ) :

php index.php -- \"module=CoreUpdater\

I re-uploaded by FTP all the files of Piwik 1.12 but this did not help. Piwik 1.12 has been running very well for the last few months.

My server config:

• Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4 on CentOS 5
  • PHP 5.3.3
  • Apache 2.2.3

Do you have any advice on how to fix this?

Delete the plugins/PDFReports directory and try again ?

I have just tried (deactivated the plugins in settings, then removed the folder), now when I run the update command,

php index.php -- "module=CoreUpdater"

I get the following error

PHP Fatal error:  Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Also, before running the update command, I followed the recommendation on this page How do I momentarily disable Piwik User Interface and/or Piwik visitor Tracking? - Analytics Platform - Matomo and disabled the backend and tracking in the config.ini file.