Failed to load HTML file

Yes in the plugins folder. After that it all worked.

What do we lose when we delete that .htaccess? I guess it has its purpose… or should, at least.

Thanks

Also, to add to my question above, if we delete such .htaccess file, how does it get recreated since it’s not a part of installation package (it’s not there)?

Thanks

Thank you Fever905.

Just like pwkuser, I don’t have the .htaccess file but I still got that error.

The first path was plugins/ZenMode/angularjs… The error report disappeared when I changed the ZenMode folder’s permissions from 750 to 755.

The second path was plugins/CoreHome/angularjs/menudropdown/menudropdown.html and this time, it’s the “menudropdown” folder that had permissions 750.

In the end, tired of getting these messages, I applied recursively via FileZilla a 755 permissions setting to all subfolders of the folders in “plugins” that were in an error report (i.e. CoreHome and ZenMode). And all errors disappeared.

@matt: can’t the upgrade script set these permissions for the new folders?

755 permissions setting to all subfolders

Is this OK from the perspective of Piwik creator? Any backlash?

Thanks

I don’t see where the backlash can be nor what it could look like.

On second thoughts, however, I think the real issue is why some parts of Piwik need permissions given to Others in the UGO permission set. Needing to change from 750 to 755 implies exactly that: that Others needs read and execute permissions. Does it have to do with Piwik or with the web server? Or the OS?

It depends on the httpd software. Apache does need +xr on directories depending on the config and weather the Apache username and directory username is the same or different. My setup is Apache forks a process that is the same user as the directory its severing up. This is so Piwik has all the needed permissions without setting 777 and permits the upgrade feature to work.

Thanks for the follow up everyone. We added a new FAQ to list all solutions to this problem of “HTML files not loaded” in Piwik

See here: How do I configure my server to let Piwik serve HTML files?

Hello together,

I have the same Problem (Piwik 2.8.0)… Checked the FAQ and this http://demo.piwik.org/plugins/MultiSites/angularjs/dashboard/dashboard.directive.html and it was serverd as it should have been.
But the Problem persists.

For some reason i get this message now as doublepack.

I had checked my FTP (following here the suggestion of folder permission change) and found that my plugins/ZenMode folder was missing at all, but the Plugin itself was active as seen in Screeny.
[attachment 1963 zen-active.jpg]

So i deactivated and reactivated it in hope it might show up. Result; No Change, still missing folder.
Went to check on an other server and there the folder was there and i had no problem.
Counting 1+1 i downloaded the ZenMode folder and uploaded it again. Result; No Change.

Checked here even more and found the FAQ. Checked the URL and the Result was identical
[attachment 1964 test.jpg]

And without knowing what i am doing there in the .htaccess file I do not really like to mess around with it.

Could it have something to do with missplaced ZenMode folder? It was shown as active but not to find in the /plugins folder … al least t me.

Would be glad for help here :slight_smile:

Edit: Just deactivating the ZenMode did also the Trick, No idea if there is now really something different, don’t see any changes, but a solution should be kind of different :wink:

The reason behind can be configuration setting or permission … you should open in a different browser and check all the settings

test for this on off the best way