Exporting pageUrl segmented dataset returns an empty list

I’m trying to export a segmented dataset containing information on visits by device type within a pageUrl segment.

When looking at the Matomo dashboard, I’m seeing the data just fine. But when exporting the data to JSON, all it shows is []. I’ve attempted other types like XML or CSV, but none of them contain the data.

If I try removing the segment and then export, then I’m getting the JSON code just fine.

I’m new to Matomo, so I’m unsure if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong, but I’m assuming it’s a bug since the data shows correctly in Matomo itself, but not in the export.

Hello!
I am experiencing the same problem. I try to export a segmented visitor’s report but it does not work.
“No data available” is all I get in the Excel sheet. The exported file is named index(#).php. I will report this as a bug as well.
Best regards,
E

Hello, thanks for the report. This issue should be fixed in our latest beta (by this segment is already encoded in datatable params, so don't encode it again during export by diosmosis · Pull Request #14338 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub)
You can use our latest beta in just a click, see I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? FAQ - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Please try this and if you still have an issue, let us know

1 Like

Thanks Matthieu :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t manage the server installation myself, but I’ll flag this to the server admin here and will hopefully be able to test this out soon.

Great that you are already working on fixing this problem! We don’t have any testinstallation and we dare not test in our production environment. But I trust you and hope it will be included in the next update of Matomo. Something to look forward to! Big thanx!!

BTW: If you don’t want to switch to the next beta, you can also try to just apply this patch

diff --git a/plugins/CoreHome/angularjs/report-export/reportexport.directive.js b/plugins/CoreHome/angularjs/report-export/reportexport.directive.js
index 55cb385b8f..c197ce07eb 100644
--- a/plugins/CoreHome/angularjs/report-export/reportexport.directive.js
+++ b/plugins/CoreHome/angularjs/report-export/reportexport.directive.js
@@ -141,7 +141,7 @@
                         exportUrlParams.language = piwik.language;
                     }
                     if (typeof segment != 'undefined') {
-                        exportUrlParams.segment = segment;
+                        exportUrlParams.segment = decodeURIComponent(segment);
                     }
                     // Export Goals specific reports
                     if (typeof idGoal != 'undefined'

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/matomo-org/matomo/pull/14338.diff
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/matomo-org/matomo/pull/14338.patch

And delete everything in /tmp afterwards to regenerate the Javascript

1 Like

Hi!
I can confirm that it works now in a later version of Matomo!
Thanks for fixing this bug!
All the best,
E

1 Like