Exporting dashboard

It appears that embedding the Piwik dashboard is broken in two different ways:

1. the time period for graphed data in the “Visits Overview (with graph)” and “Returning Visits over Time” widgets is not what is specified in the URL. If I specify “&period=week&date=yesterday”, instead of a graph for the “last 7 days” worth of data I get a graph of the last 6 months data. I assume this will be the case for any widget that displays a graph. Tabular data appears to be correct. I’ve attached screen shots for the “Visits Overview (with graph)” widget to illustrate (visits_overview_direct is from the Piwik dashboard while visits_overview_embed is from the embedded version).

2. it seems that embedding the dashboard using “&token_auth” in the URL is also broken. If the relevant user is not actively logged-in for my Piwik install the embedded Piwik dashboard displays “The requested website idSite is not found in the request, or is invalid. Please check that you are logged in Piwik and have permission to access the specified website.”

Hopefully, this is an easy fix…

-Bruce

1. is actually how it’s supposed to work. It’s a bit confusing I agree, so we will make it better. What you want is what is described here I think: 301 Moved Permanently

2. That sounds like a bug. If you can reproduce when using a proper token_auth, please can you create a ticket in our issue tracker?