Exporting Campaigns with Keywords to Excel

My company has found that it has been very informative to have keywords attached to our campaigns. The only issue I am running into is being able to export the campaigns with their keywords into Excel so we can print the data and keep for our records. Instead of the campaign separating into its keywords, it just groups everything together. Is this feature something that needs to be customized within our own company’s Piwik or am I just missing a step somewhere only the way?

This is a feature request: CSV, TSV API exports should support 'expanded' parameter · Issue #2005 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Basically, if you add expanded=1 it will work for XML, JSON, but not for CSV or Excel. We could easily implement it. If you are interested to sponsor this feature please see Professionnal services http://piwik.org/consulting/

If the feature can be easily implemented, I don’t see why my company would have to be a sponsor. Is there a place on the PiWik site to “request a feature” without having to sponsor it? I would think that every company using PiWik would love to have this feature and find it very useful. If we can already export campaign data, wouldn’t this feature be something that just kind of makes sense to have? Just throwing it out there.

CSV and Excel don’t have semantic support for a hierarchical document. Thus, expanded=1 makes no sense for these formats, without some specification on how to fake it.

“easily” is a relative term. You’re free to implement the feature yourself, and port the customization with each software update.

What i Have in mind is simple put

campaign, kwd1
campaign, kwd2
campaign2, kwd3
campaign2, kwd4

etc.

What would be an acceptable donation to implement this keyword feature?