Error while installing free MaxMindGeoIP data

Hi,

I am trying to install the free MaxMindGeoIP data using the config section of Piwik. The download into /misc worked successfully. I unpacked the file and copied it into /misc.

I refreshed the geoip config page and now the following errors appear:

User Error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in /www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc on line 642 

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [:]
#1 trigger_error(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc:642]
#2 _geoip_seek_country(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc:499]
#3 geoip_country_id_by_addr(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc:517]
#4 geoip_country_code_by_addr(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider/GeoIp/Php.php:125]
#5 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->getLocation(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider/GeoIp.php:100]
#6 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp->isWorking(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider/GeoIp/Php.php:186]
#7 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->isWorking(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/plugins/UserCountry/LocationProvider.php:215]
#8 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider::getAllProviderInfo(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/plugins/UserCountry/Controller.php:39]
#9 Piwik_UserCountry_Controller->adminIndex(...) called at [:]
#10 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/core/FrontController.php:125]
#11 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/index.php:47]

Also a lot of notices appear:

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc on line 627 
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 5 in /www/htdocs/v109876/web_analytics/piwik/libs/MaxMindGeoIP/geoip.inc on line 627 

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Ok I fixed this by redownloading the geoip data manually, not using the server download method. Using the server method the archive was corrupted it seems…

Thanks for the report that automatic download didn’t work for you.
If you can test this:
If you delete the DB file and try again the download, does it fail again ?