Error Running Script 'import_logs.py'

I upgraded from 1.71 to 1.7.2rc8 today. Located the ‘log-analytics’ folder, ran the script like this:

python import_logs.py --idsite=5

To which I got the following response:
File “import_logs.py”, line 303
Level=logging.DEBUG if self.options.debug >=1 else logging.INFO,
Syntax Error: invalid syntax

I tried it without the --idsite=5, same result.

What am I doing wrong?

According to what I read, this should display (at minimum) a help screen.

it works for me. can you please try latest python script from: http://dev.piwik.org/svn/trunk/misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py

I went to the link you provided, got the latest script, uploaded it to the correct location, but when I run it I continue to get the same error as I listed in my original post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try with latest Python 2.x ?

I am having the same problem. My server is running Python 2.7.

I am having same error with piwik 1.8 version, could you please fix it? I am using following version of python.

[root@localhost log-analytics]# python -V
Python 2.4.3

@matt - what python version are you using?

Plese post all errors in this ticket where the Python developer will listen :slight_smile: Log analytics list of improvements · Issue #3163 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Hmm, works fine here with
python --version
Python 2.7.3

The ternary operator “if” was introduced with python 2.5, so that code simply won’t compile with older python versions.

If you manage to create a patch to have support for your Piwik version, we will gladly commit it to SVN :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Out of unforeseen necessity, I had to move my major Piwik installation to a different server while some major repairs were going on with the other one.

However, I’m still importing 25Gb worth of logs, 250k lines at a time :slight_smile:

Problem is, I’m running Piwik 1.9, and this alternate server is using python 2.4.3 (previous server using 2.6.6), and now trying to import logs is giving me this error:

File "misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py", line 375
    level=logging.DEBUG if self.options.debug >= 1 else logging.INFO,
                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

is there a patch I should try, or should I just wait a couple days and go back to the replacement server that’s coming?

Script isnt compat with older python versions at this stage, sorry

For users on GoDaddy shared hosting, the default available version of python is 2.4.3

However! If you are on a shared hosting linux account you can try to use the following to invoke Python 2.7:

/usr/local/bin/python2.7 misc/log-analytics/import_logs.py ...

SSH must be activated on your account. For more information, see: Can I use Python 2.7.2 with my hosting account?

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157